Thursday, July 25, 2013

The heart of my distractions

I have come to notice, that when things start to fall apart and there is much controversy in my life, are the times where I am not as focused on God as I should be.
Satan will use anything that he can to distract us. Busy schedules, hectic deadlines. Leaving us feeling run down and exhausted.
I also believe that these things happen to shift our attention back on the relationship that we are privileged to have with the Lord. He loves us so, even when we are the most undeserving, and still calls to each one. Wanting to help and guide. Reminding us that He is our strength and none other is more powerful.
Here is my prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father,
I am troubled and I am worried. This is my fault, for you have asked me not to do so. If I had not been so caught up in the things of this world, so busy, that I forgot to look up, I know I wouldn't feel this way. Day to day, I would had remembered the promises you have made to me, therefore not worrying. Please forgive me.
Lord I ask that you slow down my mind and restore my heart. Helping me to put on the necklace of your word and suit of armor. I pray for wisdom in my actions and words. Make me your light to shine once again.
I pray for the people reading this. May they seek you and feel the peacefulness that only you can give. Cause them to be still, Lord. I lift them up to you so that they can too, receive your blessings. Be even closer to the brokenhearted at this moment. Wiping the tears from each of them today. Give them the awareness of your presence and merciful, unending grace. It's in Jesus name I pray this, Amen.
By: Melissa Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment