Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Why me?


Why? Why me, Lord? Is a question that most, if not all, of us have found ourselves asking at some time in our lives. 'I'm a good person, I worship you, I don't deserve this, Lord. Why?' Are the common pleas that follow our prayers in these occasions.
Although I believe our trails are for different reasons, I also believe that they all have the same motives behind each of them. And that simply is, for His glory. Follow me on this:
Everyone walks a different path to the Cross. Along the way, we meet people who help us in our journey. The ones who influence us the most, are the ones that can relate to our situations. I am going to call them the 'Why me' Christians.
Here is my perspective. God has commanded his followers to disciple. By allowing some to have a challenging life is His way of equipping us; fishers of men. Even though difficult, it really is a blessing.
I came to this conclusion when I accepted Christ. If I had not been through what I have in my life, how could I help or counsel those with similar predicaments? Those who are hurting; searching for hope and peace. How could I assure them that these things are really tangible? Ah yes, through my own experiences!
Advice given without relation usually falls upon deaf ears. Words of comfort are almost meaningless. So in these moments, these 'why me' moments, consider it a blessing that He has personally chosen you to lead and bring His children back home.
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10
Inspired by a conversation with my sister, who is also a sister in Christ.
By: Melissa Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment